Ethiopian Welo Opal cabochon parcels
A nice selection of parcels of Ethiopian Welo Opal cabochons.
These stones are hand cut and are lovely pieces – the parcels are a good way for jewellers to buy a selection of stones, too.
The pieces you see in the photos are the exact items you’ll receive. These stones are not cut to specific sizes and therefore would not be suitable for pre-made settings.
Currently, our stock consists of small parcels of rose cut Welo Opals – they tend to be quite thin, so it may be an idea to consider backing them if you are bezel setting.
- Rose cut parcel #1 – 2.10ct, 5 stones – 5-12.5MM, three nice bright stones, the more ‘yellow’ ones have very little colour.
- Rose cut parcel #2 – 1.50ct, 5 stones – 6-9MM, three nice bright stones and two with minimal colour.
- Rose cut parcel #3 – 5.60ct, 4 stones – 8.3-15.5MM, three larger stones with very minimal colour and one smaller piece with bright blues and greens.
- Rose cut parcel #4 – 1.50ct, 5 stones – 4.7-7.7MM, two very bright stones in this lot, the other three have less flash – although one still has some nice reds.
- Rose cut parcel #5 – 2.55ct, 5 stones – 6-11MM, nice bright flashes.
- Rose cut parcel #6 – 1.80ct, 5 stones – 5.5-9MM, nice bright stones, the more ‘yellow’ ones have very little colour.
- Rose cut parcel #7 – 1.55ct, 5 stones – 5.5-8MM, nice little stones with mostly green flash and a few nice blues.
- Rose cut parcel #8 – 1.30ct, 5 stones – 5-8.5MM, clear stones with good flash.
- Rose cut parcel #9 – 1.85ct, 5 stones – 6-8MM, two very bright cloudy white stones, the more ‘yellow’ ones have very little colour.
- Rose cut parcel #10 – 3.25ct, 5 stones – 6.5-11MM, some nice bright stones here.
For more information about the stone, and a full list of all our Opal products, please see our main ‘Opal’ page.
We do sell a wide range of gemstones for jewellery, including more cabochons, faceted stones, and pendants – in our “Loose Stones for Jewellery” section.