Opal Cabochons (Ethiopian Welo Opal parcels)
A small selection of Ethiopian Welo Opal parcels.
These parcels are great for jewellers who are looking to buy a range of shapes and sizes at once or can’t decide on individual stones.
Ethiopian Welo Opal cabochon parcels
A nice selection of parcels of Ethiopian Welo Opal cabochons.
These stones are hand cut and are lovely pieces - these parcels are great for jewellers who are looking to buy a range of shapes and sizes at once or can't decide on individual stones.
The pieces you see in the photos are the exact items you'll receive. These stones are not cut to specific sizes and therefore would not be suitable for pre-made settings.
Currently, our stock consists of small parcels of rose cut Welo Opals - they tend to be quite thin, so it may be an idea to consider backing them if you are bezel setting.
- Rose cut parcel #1 - 2.10ct, 5 stones - 5-12.5MM, three nice bright stones, the more 'yellow' ones have very little colour.
- Rose cut parcel #2 - 1.50ct, 5 stones - 6-9MM, three nice bright stones and two with minimal colour.
- Rose cut parcel #4 - 1.50ct, 5 stones - 4.7-7.7MM, two very bright stones in this lot, the other three have less flash - although one still has some nice reds.
- Rose cut parcel #6 - 1.80ct, 5 stones - 5.5-9MM, nice bright stones, the more 'yellow' ones have very little colour.
- Rose cut parcel #7 - 1.55ct, 5 stones - 5.5-8MM, nice little stones with mostly green flash and a few nice blues.
- Rose cut parcel #8 - 1.30ct, 5 stones - 5-8.5MM, clear stones with good flash.
- Parcel #1 - 10 stones - 6x4MM approximately, but not exactly. Some nice bright stones.
Frequently asked questions and delivery information
How do we grade stones?
There is no overall universal grading system for the majority of our products. As such, the grades we use are internal only. They simply refer to higher and lower qualities, but they may be entirely different grades to other websites. C grade pieces are of lower quality than B grade, which is lower than A grade.
How does our ordering and delivery process work?
You place an order via the website. When it’s been picked and packed, your order will be marked as completed and dropped off at our local post office. We have an account with the post office called a “Drop and Go” account, which allows the post office staff to process our parcels when they have free time, rather than me queuing up and delaying everyone else.
I get tracking information etc online when this has been completed. I typically do not send tracking information to customers unless they request it – but if you’ve requested tracked postage, it has been sent tracked! If you have any worries or concerns about your parcel being delayed please feel free to get in touch and I’ll send the tracking info over! We also get delivery confirmations for parcels over 25MM thick by default.
How do international orders work?
After Brexit, with the UK leaving the European Union, certain things have changed with regards to international orders. European Union customers will now likely be liable to pay the same amount of import VAT as any other international customers. You will be responsible for any customs and import fees.
I’d like to return my order for a refund.
No problem at all – just get in touch and we’ll arrange it. You can read our full returns policy here.
What payment methods do you accept?
I can accept Paypal, Stripe, cheque, and direct bank transfers. Paypal and Stripe will both allow you to pay with credit and debit cards.