Ammonite fossils from Yorkshire
Ammonite fossil specimens, mostly from Whitby, UK. These are largely Dactylioceras.
Whitby Ammonites are often regarded as some of the best condition specimens the UK produces, but there are many, many lower grade pieces found too.
Their condition all depends on how they were found – some are exposed to the sea, air, and wind long before they are found – some are found by cracking nodules in half.
- 65x60x20MM – Heavily sea-worn.
- 75x66x30MM – Half in a nodule.
- 86x82x35MM – Half in a nodule, with shell impression.
- 57x47x18MM – Half in a nodule, some wear.
- 50x45x17MM – Decent impression with some damage.
- 60.5×51.5x19MM – Some damage, still in a nodule.
- 35x30x9MM – Nice piece, with some edge damage.
- 38x33x13MM – Nice specimen, with one side still covered in a matrix.
- 68x50x16MM – Nice Ammonite impression in a nodule. Sometimes referred to as a ‘negative’.
- 48x41x22.5MM – A very nice impression of an Ammonite, in a nodule. Sometimes referred to as a ‘negative’.
- 31x29x8MM – One side heavily sea-worn, one side nice and crisp where its popped out of the matrix.
- 65x45x17MM – Nice impression, but unfortunately broken.
- 73x63x25MM – A very nice impression of an Ammonite, in a nodule. Sometimes referred to as a ‘negative’.
- 38×33.5x11MM – Fair bit of matrix on this one, it could do with some additional preparation.
- 41x35x21.5MM – Nice specimen, still in matrix.
- 48x38x18MM – Decent specimen in a matrix, some damage.
- 42.5x40x16MM – Half in nodule, but the Ammonite is nicely defined. Some wear to the edges.
- 46x35x25.5MM – Nicely defined piece in a matrix. Some damage.
- 53x51x8MM – A very nice specimen which unfortunately has some wear to the sides.
- 41×32.5×10.5MM – Nicely defined on one side, some matrix on the other. Could do with further preparation.
- 48x40x17MM – Decent specimen but unfortunately damaged.
- 33x29x8.75MM – Smaller piece but in nice condition. Minimal matrix.
- 55.5x45x27MM – A damaged Ammonite in a matrix. Might clean up a little with preparation.
- 45×39.5×12.5MM – Nicely prepared piece with a minimal matrix. Slight damage.
- 93x80x48MM – A damaged specimen with some water rounding.
- 44x28x10.5MM – A nice quality impression but unfortunately broken.
- 39x34x19.5MM – A nice quality fossil with matrix on the rear. The front has been sealed with protective resin.
- 54x40x17.5MM – A very worn impression showing Calcite crystals on the front and the rounded nodule typical of Whitby fossils to the rear.
We sell a few other Ammonites too, specimens from around the world. Have a look at our Ammonites section!