Amber heart carvings (Indonesian)
Cute little heart carvings cut from solid pieces of Indonesian Amber.
£20.00 – £25.00
Indonesian Amber heart carvings
Small heart shapes carved from genuine Indonesian Amber - an uncommon find. Amber hearts are rare in general, and most available are processed baltic Amber which has been recombined from chips.
Indonesian Amber is notably darker than most Amber found around the world. When viewed directly it is almost black - orange brown at the best. However, when its backlit or viewed up against the sun it has a gorgeous golden orange-brown colour. It often has patches and stripes of different colours, and can have inclusions too - don't expect insects and leaves though.
This Amber is brittle, fragile and very soft and will scratch and mark easily; please bear this in mind when displaying. If the worst happens it can easily be repolished with some 3000 grit, 5000 grit and 10000 grit sandpaper/polish, then with some diamond micron paste or cerium oxide.
Our current stock includes:
- #1 - 44.5x39x9.2MM - a nice sized heart with a flat back. This piece unfortunately has a large crack which runs all the way through it. It is stable but weakened - it should not be dropped and ideally should simply be displayed on a stand or in a membrane box. It is black when viewed without a backlight, but reasonably clear when viewed with one.
- #2 - 37x29x7.6MM - a flat backed heart with both clearer and darker sections. It has a scratch on its front surface unfortunately, as well as several small voids.
- #3 - 39.3x31.2x8.4MM - a very nice clear piece which is unfortunately let down by having three small chips or fragments missing from around the edges. It is shown backlit and isn't quite this clear normally, but it is a very nice one.
- #4 - 44.5x40.5x13.5MM - a reasonably dark piece with a very obvious flaw to the front side, which creates a much lighter patch. Rounded on both sides, and quite a nice one.
- #5 - 43x38.5x9.7MM - a dark piece which looks great when backlit - it has a flaw running through the top at the back, but nothing too major.
Frequently asked questions and delivery information
How do we grade stones?
There is no overall universal grading system for the majority of our products. As such, the grades we use are internal only. They simply refer to higher and lower qualities, but they may be entirely different grades to other websites. C grade pieces are of lower quality than B grade, which is lower than A grade.
How does our ordering and delivery process work?
You place an order via the website. When it’s been picked and packed, your order will be marked as completed and dropped off at our local post office. We have an account with the post office called a “Drop and Go” account, which allows the post office staff to process our parcels when they have free time, rather than me queuing up and delaying everyone else.
I get tracking information etc online when this has been completed. I typically do not send tracking information to customers unless they request it – but if you’ve requested tracked postage, it has been sent tracked! If you have any worries or concerns about your parcel being delayed please feel free to get in touch and I’ll send the tracking info over! We also get delivery confirmations for parcels over 25MM thick by default.
How do international orders work?
After Brexit, with the UK leaving the European Union, certain things have changed with regards to international orders. European Union customers will now likely be liable to pay the same amount of import VAT as any other international customers. You will be responsible for any customs and import fees.
I’d like to return my order for a refund.
No problem at all – just get in touch and we’ll arrange it. You can read our full returns policy here.
What payment methods do you accept?
I can accept Paypal, Stripe, cheque, and direct bank transfers. Paypal and Stripe will both allow you to pay with credit and debit cards.