Unidentified Marine Reptile Fossils
An odd one – unidentified marine reptile fossils, still in their original host rocks. These pieces are unknown bone pieces, typically from Ichthyosaur or Plesiosaur.
Most of these specimens are from the Lavernock, dating to the Jurassic, but some may be from elsewhere.
Our current specimens include:
- 80x57x34MM – various pieces of bone on a stone matrix.
- 49x49x25MM – single piece of bone on matrix.
- 116x46x20MM – single piece of bone on matrix.
- 48x34x25MM – something similar to vertebrae, but I’m not entirely sure.
- 45x34x19MM – several vertebrae in a stone matrix.
- 177x75x20MM – a heavily repaired piece with what looks like two bones, possibly ribs. The rear and sides are saw cut, and show numerous other fossils – this could perhaps be polished.