Carcharodon Megalodon Sharks Teeth
Fossilised Carcharodon Megalodon teeth, sold in a range of sizes and qualities.
£14.95 – £79.95
Carcharodon Megalodon Teeth
These amazing pieces are fossilised Carcharodon Megalodon teeth, from an ancient and gigantic shark.
Due to their very nature, they make amazing collectors pieces, and the cheaper incomplete teeth are great for kids too.
This shark lived around 23 to 2.6 million years ago, and grew up to 18 metres long!
As sharks are prone to shedding their teeth, these are still relatively common fossil finds in certain areas. Most of the best quality ones are found along the coast of the United States.
We sell these teeth in a few different sizes, and a few different qualities.
Our current stock includes:
- #1 - A large tooth fragment from North Carolina. Around half a tooth, with no enamel remaining. 95x81x24MM approx.
- #2 - A smaller tooth fragment from North Carolina. Around half a tooth, with most of the enamel intact but largely missing the root. 60x48x22MM approx.
- #3 - A mostly complete tooth from Indonesia. It is missing some of the root, but the tooth itself is exceptional. The enamel and serrations are intact, and the tooth is still sharp! 55x56.5x15.5MM approx.
- #4 - A complete North Carolina tooth, measuring approximately 115x95x23MM approximately. It is missing some enamel and has two small chips missing. The front has been polished.
- #5 - A very dark North Carolina tooth, measuring approximately 84x64.5x17MM approximately. It has a crack in the tooth and a piece of the root missing and should be considered fragile. Unfortunately, no serrations remain. This piece would benefit from further preservation if it is to be handled.
On some teeth, the roots may have been restored, or be partially incomplete. We don't stock too many Megalodon teeth, so you can pick the piece you like!
For more information about Sharks Teeth, and a full list of all of our related items, please see our main 'Shark Fossils' page.