Amethyst Druzy with Goethite Inclusions
Natural pieces of Amethyst druzy with Goethite inclusions, typically from Brazil.
These pieces are sometimes sold as having “Cacoxenite” inclusions, but this is inaccurate.
We have included some close up photos of these gorgeous golden and black inclusions.
The inclusions form in a ‘spray’ in most cases, thin needle like crystals that radiate outwards in a cone shape. They have broken from a geode bed, by the looks of the formation. Because these are natural specimens, they do vary in size, colours, amount of inclusions, etc.
Our current stock includes:
- #1 – 63x31x21MM – a dark, almost grey piece with many inclusions.
- #2 – 32x32x27.5MM – a pale purpley grey piece
- #3 – 35x30x23MM – a lilac piece
- #4 – 35x28x24MM – a nice specimen with good colour and a good golden spray close to the surface. It also has several globular black inclusions where the Quartz becomes Agate.
- #5 – 31x31x28MM – an unusual piece with some very small druzy crystals growing on top of a larger point. Several small Goethite inclusions.
- #6 – 29x32x26MM – a pale purple-grey piece with numerous golden sprays close to the surface.
- #7 – 56x54x30MM – nice purple piece with numerous smaller inclusions.
- #8 – 37x35x21MM – a nice purple piece with a small cluster of Goethite.