Neuropteris fern fossils
Fossilised Neuropteris ferns on a stone backing matrix, available in a range of sizes.
£7.95 – £12.95
Fern Fossils - Neuropteris Fossil Ferns
These fossilised ferns are known as Neuropteris, and come sitting on a stone matrix.
These ferns date from the upper Carboniferous and are largely found in the Crock Hay open cast mine, near Wigan, UK.
They often come as positive and negative parts of a single nodule - a stone has been cracked in half and the fossil is in the middle.
Currently, we have:
- #1 - 40x37x20MM approximately. This is a bit of a lower grade specimen with no well-defined fern fossils. A complete split nodule, in two halves.
- #2 - 45x37x34MM approximately. This is a nice specimen with a single well defined fossil inclusion. A complete split nodule, in two halves.
- #3 - 60x39x16MM approximately. This is a very nice specimen with several well preserved leaves. This is a single piece only, not a nodule.
- #4 - 55x40x21MM approximately. A small area with one or two leaves - a little hard to see, but shows up well under direct light.
- #5 - 48.5x32x20MM approximately. A positive and negative nodule with several leaves.
- #6 - 35x34x11MM approximately. A single sided piece with nicely preserved leaves.
- #7 - 37.5x35x19.5MM approximately. A positive and negative nodule filled with leaves.